Friday, January 9, 2009

Another little slice of heaven...



Once again, I am sorely tempted to add another tidbit of choice music. And, lookie - I gave in to temptation.

I was a little hesitant at calling this another slice of heaven, since it's such a dramatic, deep piece. A real contrast to the Ravel. The middle part - the climax - is my personal favorite. This is where Zimerman shines, I believe: a golden tone, almost tangible in its warmth and clarity. Time seems to stand still in those precious moments of pure musical bliss.

This piece is most certainly on my to-do list. That is, if I can get past those huge jumps in the bass. A small, but slender hand is one of my big issues. ;)

But I should keep quiet - listen for yourself and think of your own interpretations. In fact, tell them to me, right now, on the comments board. I'd like to hear from all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow, I prefer this one to the one before. It's more of my type - the ending with all those dramatic octaves, the anxiety, the musical contrasts.

    Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja? I can't pick - I love them both equally. Okay, maybe the Ravel a little more, since I'm a little softie. But it depends on my moods - sometimes I prefer this one, sometimes the other.

    ReplyDelete